𝗔 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝗿 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆, '𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗼 𝗜 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝘆 𝗮 𝗖𝗘𝗥𝗕 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼'?
Here are current options along with the link to the CRA site https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html#return
You may need to return the amount you have received if you fall into one of the 3 categories below. CRA also noted that they would like payment returned by December 31, 2020, to ensure the T4 that you will be received for the benefit is correct.
- Return to work earlier than expected
- Applied for the CERB but recognized you don’t qualify
- Received both the CERB and EI for the same period
How to return the CERB Payment?
- Do not cash the CRA cheque and return it to the CRA Sudbury Tax Centre (address below)
- If you were paid by direct deposit, send a new cheque back to CRA
- Cheque payable to the Receiver General for Canada
- Note that it is for Repayment of CERB
- Include your SIN or Temporary Tax Number
- Mail to the CRA Sudbury Tax Centre (address below)
- Through My Account
- Effective May 11, you can return the money through My Account
- CRA indicated this is an easy few click process
Revenue Processing – Repayment of CERB
Sudbury Tax Centre
1050 Notre Dame Avenue
Sudbury ON P3A 0C3