𝗔 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝗿 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆, '𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗼 𝗜 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝘆 𝗮 𝗖𝗘𝗥𝗕 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼'?

Here are current options along with the link to the CRA site https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html#return

You may need to return the amount you have received if you fall into one of the 3 categories below.  CRA also noted that they would like payment returned by December 31, 2020, to ensure the T4 that you will be received for the benefit is correct.

  1. Return to work earlier than expected
  2. Applied for the CERB but recognized you don’t qualify
  3. Received both the CERB and EI for the same period

How to return the CERB Payment?

  1. Do not cash the CRA cheque and return it to the CRA Sudbury Tax Centre (address below)
  1. If you were paid by direct deposit, send a new cheque back to CRA
  • Cheque payable to the Receiver General for Canada
  • Note that it is for Repayment of CERB
  • Include your SIN or Temporary Tax Number
  • Mail to the CRA Sudbury Tax Centre (address below)
  1. Through My Account
  • Effective May 11, you can return the money through My Account
  • CRA indicated this is an easy few click process

Revenue Processing – Repayment of CERB
Sudbury Tax Centre
1050 Notre Dame Avenue
Sudbury ON P3A 0C3